Before you fully launch a content marketing campaign, it’s important to consider these do’s and don’ts:
1. Only share quality medical content – do not waste your time with spam type content.
2. Do not give up that quality for quantity – it is about building value. Write quality content that address your patients’ concerns.
3. When opportunity presents, engage with your audience in comments and on social media.
4. Keep the sales pitches out of your informative content –let the content build trust and let the patients come to you.
5. Make sure to document your research through linking.
6. Know what you write about – educating your patients has its rewards.
7. Showcase your personality in how you deliver the content and message. Set the reader up to engage or want to do something (like subscribing to your future reads)
8. Never copy or plagiarize a competitor’s work – write original, fresh healthcare content that is better than your competition.
9. Cater your content to your target audience and to their specific needs.
10. Never forget the search engines – write your content for your patients and clients AND search engines.